Kathryn had her 4 year check up today with Dr.Frank. She loves him and was excited to him, but very fearful of what was coming after her left the room. She passed her hearing and vision tests, which was great! He played some drawing games with her. He would draw a shape and then have her tell him what it was and then draw it herself. He drew a square, that honestly wasn't exactly a perfect square. She told him that it was a rectangle, not a square. All he could do was laugh and say well yes you are right. I think he felt a little silly about his not so perfect drawing. Then they did some hopping games. She thinks it is so funny that her doctor does this stuff. She doesn't realize it is so he can see how she is progressing. He began talking to her about safety with bike riding, etc. Then she had to put her 2 cents in about Daddy always getting safety violations from her for forgetting his bike helmet. It was so funny, he decided he didn't need to worry about her being safe. She weighed 36 lbs and is 40 inches tall. Still right in the 50% like she has always been. When he left and sent the nurse in, our happy visit became HORRIBLE!!! She had to get 4 shots today and Lauren 1, her flu shot. She really wanted Lauren to go first. Being the dummy that I am I said ok. Lauren usually doesn't cry bad so I though it would be good for Kathryn to see her. Ok, today she screamed and screamed and Kathryn got totally freaked out. I had to lay on top of her while she got the shots. She didn't just cry, she screamed bloody murder. She was shaking and kicking. I have to say again, it was HORRIBLE!!! I am pretty sure everyone in the whole office could hear. Lauren had finally calmed down from her shot, but then when she heard Kathryn screaming she started screaming again. All I could do was laugh. I know that might sound horrible, but I was trying to make the best of the situation. After about 10 minutes of calming down we were finally able to walk out. It was a day and I am SO glad it is over with! She shouldn't need any more booster shots till age 11, Hallelujah!!!

1 comment:
Those 4 year shots are the worst! For them and for Mommy!
Post a Comment