So then why I am sad, I am not going to lie. I am sad my baby girl is big enough to go to kindergarten. I am sad that my baby girl is not going to be here with me. She is my buddy. I've been sort of a mess and have really been pondering these thoughts. So here is my little pep talk to myself...
This is one of the most anticipated days in Kathryn's and our lives. She is starting kindergarten! We have been talking about this day for so long. There is excitement, sadness, joy and fear all wrapped up in us. I have prayed and prayed for this day, for this year, for the beginning of what this is. This is HUGE! I am so excited for her, I truly am. She is so excited, she is so calm. She remains to show me her maturity. She is ready for this. She will do great. She may be nervous, but she will be strong. And just in case, I have tucked a picture of us inside her bag. I hope if she needs it, it will make her smile. I am proud, while I am very sad, I am so proud. We have been working toward this since she was born. We have prepared her to enter kindergarten and tomorrow she is going to walk into her new school for the first time as a student. I am going to watch that precious brown hair of hers swing from to side to side, those cute little feet bounce up and down as she walks. She will be such a big girl. She will turn around and give me a kiss and make her way into her new classroom. She is going to grow so much this year. She is going to make new friends, she is going to learn so much, she is going to grow in Christ. She is going to ROCK this and nothing less! I will go to the Boo-hoo breakfast and I am sure shed a few tears. But, I will walk away so proud, I can't be anything else! I can hardly wait to pick her up from her first day of school and hear about this new adventure. It will be wonderful!
A great report to come tomorrow with lots of great 'first day pictures'!

3 comments:
I am going to re-read your pep talk again next week when Mia starts school! I am having the same feelings and I know I am going to embarrass all of my girls by shedding a few tears. Love your blog!
Ohh what a monumental day in your life as a parent and in her little life. It brought tears to my eyes thinking about it. We have one more year with Hudson. Since he is a July baby, we are waiting just one more year. I hope this morning went well. I am sure you will be watching the clock all day long. I am going to remember stuff you said...especially the part about Josh taking off work. I know I'll need my man all day long to keep me going. Ha!!!
Can't wait to hear how it goes!!!
Okay.
I am a mess.
Someone get me a tissue... girl, you have me balling!
I so understand each and every word of this post... and will be thinking of you and Kathryn on her (and your!) big day.
Congratulations, Mommy! You've prepared her for this... and she will be great!!
Post a Comment