I just love to play with my girls hair. They really don't like me to, but on a whim Lauren wanted her hair like sissy. Right up Momma's alley! I got the faithful chi out and went to town on the head full of curls. I just loved her hair straight, Kathryn & Josh did too. Every time I would look at her face, it just wasn't my little Lala though. It sure was fun, and I have a feeling this will happen alot once little miss is a teenager. Kathryn will want her curls and she want her sisters board straight hair! Life sure will be fun!
My sweet Kathryn has some very exciting news! She has 2 grown up teeth coming in! They aren't coming in exactly the way they are supposed to though. They have popped in behind her baby teeth. This apparently is very common and normally it works itself out. However, this is not the case with the precious little mouth. Her baby teeth just are not budging, in fact the more the grown up ones come in, the tighter the baby ones get. We went to the dentist and were told her 2 bottom baby ones will have to be pulled out. My poor girl, it is such an exciting time, yet such a scary and not fun time for her too. I had a wealth of emotions when she told me. I wanted to throw up, the mere thought seriously made me want to vomit. The dentist assured me this is common and a common procedure, but still not what I want for my baby. She is being so brave, such an example to me. Of course, she doesn't want to do it, but she is going to do what she has to do. Not that she has a choice, but her attitude about it is one I could learn from. My children continue to teach me how to be a better person. Would you please pray for my sweet girl Feb. 10th? That all will go smoothly with her and this will not leave a bad picture in her eyes about the dentist. She will be getting them both pulled that day. I can not go in the room with her, which will be very hard for me, but I totally feel safe that she is in great hands.

My sweet Lauren is sick again. She has bronchitis again. Any little cold is just settling in her chest. I just feel so bad for her. She was really struggling to breathe when we went to the Dr. Monday. She has had a many of sleepless nights, loss of appetite and just not feeling good. We are now back to breathing treatments 3 times a day and now own our own breathing machine. I do feel better knowing we have one when we need it, but I also hate that we have to have one. If she has two more episodes like this, we will be seeing a pulmonologist about asthma. Josh had asthma as a child, so there is a chance she will develop it. Would you please pray for my sweet Lala that this will all get under control?
My Grandma June is going through chemo right now for breast cancer. She has a new wig and I just wanted to show how beautiful she looks with it! She has been so strong and had such a positive attitude through this. She is definitely a fighter and has had the attitude 'cancer shmancer!' She is still volunteering in her beloved Ronald McDonald Room at the childrens hospital in Kansas City. She goes even when she isn't feeling great, that is just the heart that she has. She is such an great example to me and I just admire her so much! I love you so much Grandma!
These are my favorite new shoes! I've traded in my flip flops for tennis shoes! We joined Lifetime about a month ago and I am so hooked! We are trying to get healthy, lose weight, feel better...the whole shabang! I am just loving how good I feel. We are not 'dieting', just watching what we eat, making better choices and watching our daily calorie intake. It truly is so simple if you really want to do it. I wasn't there for along time, but I so want Valerie back! I just was feeling miserable in my own skin, so make way for the new me! I am down 11 lbs. and have a goal of 49 more! I will lose 60 pounds total by this November, not a maybe, I WILL! I am hooked on going to the gym and am up to an easy 2 mile stretch without much trouble now. I really think I would love to become a runner, it feels really good to do it! Josh is working on his fitness with me & that just makes it all the better! It is so much easier and more fun when your spouse hops on board. He is down 8 lbs. WooT and I am pretty sure he has no running dreams, his love is still for his bike & I am loving seeing him back on it!
Here is Darla with her fluffy new doo! We have stopped getting her shaved like a schnauzer, because she is just too darn cute fluffed like a cotton ball! She is such a great dog and has become a full time sleep companion with Kathryn. They both just love to sleep with each other. We put her in her cage last night and sometime around 2 in the morning, Kathryn woke up and realized Darla wasn't in there. So what does she do? Goes and gets her out of her cage and takes her to her bed. They are pretty cute together! Just because, it is always something, right? Darla has an ear infection and is on meds for it too. I just had to laugh when they told me...always something!
GUESS WHAT ELSE??? Here is the exciting news of this post! This beautiful family is moving back to Dallas!!! I am just beyond excited and can't wait to have them back! Everything fell into place so perfect for them that there is no doubt that God wants them here right now. I can't wait to see them lots!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment