December 18, 2010

Stocking

Our stockings once hung on the mantle with care...
But now they will not until we are in the teenage years...

My precious little Lauren, Oh how I love her! She is my curious child, she is the one who will get into what ever is not supposed to be gotten into. She is a sassy little thing, but has the sweetest spirit ever. She exhausts me daily, but I wouldn't trade a single moment that I get with her! Lauren thought it would be fun to look in her stocking to see if Santa had left her presents. The rest happened so quickly and was just flat out horrible, I would like to forget it. The heavy stocking holder falls smack on the bridge of her nose. I hear it and see it in slow motion. She turns around her nose is already 3 times its normal size and there is blood. OMG, in case you didn't know I.DO.NOT.HANDLE.TRAUMA.WELL! I see blood or know someone is in serious pain, I lose it! Kathryn was my rock! She immediately ran into the kitchen for a rag, boo-boo pack and tylenol. She seriously amazed me! I just got on the couch and held my baby! I CAN.NOT even imagine the pain she felt at the moment at sadly still. I did all I could do to stay calm, the boo-boo pack ended up on me. Yes, I get hot and clammy when I see things like that. I sent Kathryn to get my phone out of the car, we hadn't even unloaded the car from the day yet. We had literally been home 7 minutes, enough time to do her breathing treatment. I called the triage nurse at the girls Dr and left a message. She called me back within 30 seconds, (I could not believe it) and said how quickly can you get here? THIS.DOES.NOT.HELP.ME! So, I call Josh in a panic and tell him he has to meet us there and we leave. Lauren was awesome at the Dr. She had fallen alseep on the way there and woke up to Dr.Frank prodding and pushing all around her nose. My sweet baby just looks at him and says 'hi'! We all adore him! He sent us 'STAT' in his words to get x-rays. He was not worried she broke it, but that her septum could have cracked. Once again, THIS.DOES.NOT.EASE.ME! So we go get x-rays, once again, my baby girl is awesome! I was in awe of my children! She did what they told her and it went so smoothly! She said, you will get a call very quickly. On the way home, Lauren says, 'Daddy, you pay (pray) me?' So he does and she replied, 'Thanks, Daddy'. I then hear her in the back, 'Dear God, no (nose) hurts, and a bunch of other words and then, mamen (Amen). I am crying. It has been a very long, hectic week and this was just too much for me. My sweet baby girls spirit is just incredible! Dr.Frank called us 40 minutes later and said there are NO fractures or cracks. Thank you God! She will more than likely get a black eye and have a nasty mark left on her nose for a few days, but NO PERMANENT markings or problems. I am dealing with serious Mommy guilt. My job is to protect them, keep a safe environment for them. So, why would I have these unsafe objects in my house? I am so thankful my baby girl is running around like normal this morning! Her nose still looks bad, but SO much better than it did 12 hours ago. I am also so thankful for our excellent insurance (one of the pro's of Josh working at the hospital!) I have requested a calm, uneventful weekend!

post signature


No comments: