A week late, but nonetheless...Happy New Year's!
We have started out the New Year super busy. We went out of town New Year's Day. While we were gone, Lauren got sick. Poor baby had RSV and a ear infection. I had dreaded the fearful 3 letter word. In fact I started crying. It has been a rough week, but she is now on the healing road. She is smiling now, not coughing as much and starting to act like her sweet self again. Kathryn started back to school this week and is loving being back. The girl always keeps us on her toes. She had asked us Sunday if we would start calling her Kate. She said it for about an hour, then that was it. Tuesday, she came home asking me to teach her how to write Kate. Instead of my immediate reaction, I said ok. She wrote it 5 times and kept saying how easy it was. What some of you don't know is, she was going to be a Kate. We would name her Kathryn, but call her Kate. As soon as she was born, she just was not a Kate to me. I couldn't do it, she was a Kathryn. So after all that, here we are. We will see where this goes. After many days off, Josh was back to work and super busy. I continue to count down the hours till he gets here!
As for the new year...it brings many, many new goals for me. I am trying to keep realistic goals. I am hoping by sharing them on the world wide web for all to see, maybe it will help me to do them.
1) I hope to draw closer to Christ. I love to go to church, I love to pray and read my Bible. However, I don't do it near enough. So often, he gets pushed to the backburner and I hope to make him #1.
2) Be a better mother. As Josh & I exchanged our goals for the year, he commented, "I don't see how you could be any better." Awww...made me happy to hear. I love my girls so much and yes I do feel like a great mother to them. My goal is to focus more on them. What I mean is...let the dishes sit there, let the laundry be unfolded, let the toys be out everywhere. Not worry about the small stuff & enjoy 'the moment' with them. I tend to get a little overwhelmed and crazy if the house is not in order. Things can wait and yes they still will get done, just not right then.
3) Nurture Josh more. Go on more dates with him. Snuggle with him more. Kiss him more. I love him so much & in our crazy lives, he often gets neglected.
4) Take better care of myself. I too get neglected by myself. I need to exercise more, eat better, give myself 'mommy' time. I take care of our family and I in turn have to take care of myself in order to take care of them.
5)Be more financially responsible. Enough said.
Finally, what would a blog from me be without pictures. Here you go!
We have started out the New Year super busy. We went out of town New Year's Day. While we were gone, Lauren got sick. Poor baby had RSV and a ear infection. I had dreaded the fearful 3 letter word. In fact I started crying. It has been a rough week, but she is now on the healing road. She is smiling now, not coughing as much and starting to act like her sweet self again. Kathryn started back to school this week and is loving being back. The girl always keeps us on her toes. She had asked us Sunday if we would start calling her Kate. She said it for about an hour, then that was it. Tuesday, she came home asking me to teach her how to write Kate. Instead of my immediate reaction, I said ok. She wrote it 5 times and kept saying how easy it was. What some of you don't know is, she was going to be a Kate. We would name her Kathryn, but call her Kate. As soon as she was born, she just was not a Kate to me. I couldn't do it, she was a Kathryn. So after all that, here we are. We will see where this goes. After many days off, Josh was back to work and super busy. I continue to count down the hours till he gets here!
As for the new year...it brings many, many new goals for me. I am trying to keep realistic goals. I am hoping by sharing them on the world wide web for all to see, maybe it will help me to do them.
1) I hope to draw closer to Christ. I love to go to church, I love to pray and read my Bible. However, I don't do it near enough. So often, he gets pushed to the backburner and I hope to make him #1.
2) Be a better mother. As Josh & I exchanged our goals for the year, he commented, "I don't see how you could be any better." Awww...made me happy to hear. I love my girls so much and yes I do feel like a great mother to them. My goal is to focus more on them. What I mean is...let the dishes sit there, let the laundry be unfolded, let the toys be out everywhere. Not worry about the small stuff & enjoy 'the moment' with them. I tend to get a little overwhelmed and crazy if the house is not in order. Things can wait and yes they still will get done, just not right then.
3) Nurture Josh more. Go on more dates with him. Snuggle with him more. Kiss him more. I love him so much & in our crazy lives, he often gets neglected.
4) Take better care of myself. I too get neglected by myself. I need to exercise more, eat better, give myself 'mommy' time. I take care of our family and I in turn have to take care of myself in order to take care of them.
5)Be more financially responsible. Enough said.
Finally, what would a blog from me be without pictures. Here you go!
Kathryn getting a princess up-do @ Sweet & Sassy
Our sick baby, she was absolutely pitiful!

1 comment:
Happy New Year!!! What a great mommy you are!! I know what you mean about being in the moment. Time just flies too quickly!!
Harper had RSV last year. It was horrible! I am glad Lauren is feeling better!
Post a Comment