We are about to lose our laptop for who knows how long, so I am sitting in the closet trying to get all my pictures uploaded, saved, etc. before our dreaded time apart. Josh could tell you better what is wrong with it, the technical term, but all I know is the internet is gone. The only way to use it for a minimal time is to plug it in the closet, it is where our mega box of wires for the house is. A good excuse to be secluded anyways! So here is last week in review!
Saturday Josh took Kathryn on a date, one of their favorite things! They went to see Bolt. She gets so giddy and excited when he takes her. He called and invited her out, so cute. He was always quite the smooth talker asking me out on dates too! She went and got 'all' dressed up she said, and she did look quite cute. She can throw an array of stuff together and somehow pull it off. Yes, I am quite jealous! She finally is into dressing herself. She could do it for quite some time, but never really cared to argue with me about what she was going to wear. Well, I feel like we are finally reaching that point. She came in our room last night after an hour of debating with her about going to bed. She had changed pajamas 3 times. Everytime she came around the corner, a new ensemble was on. She does at least fold them and put them away. Love my spunky, sweet girl! Doesn't she look cute?

This was the case 2 mornings last week. I had to wake them up at 8:20 so Kathryn wouldn't be late for school. Somehow, they keep migrating in our room and they could sleep all day in our bed. They looked precious, so I had to snap a shot, they didn't move a muscle. See how their all spread out, Josh & I end up getting no room and horrible sleep. This week, no more of this business!

Kathryn had jersey day at school. Since we don't own any, she got to sport her Dallas Cowboy's t-shirt. She was so thrilled, because it is 'Tony's' shirt. She seriously has no idea who he is, I guess she just likes his name. To tell you how little we watch football. She got to school telling everyone about her cowboys shirt. She said, my Daddy goes to their 'basketball' games. No sweetie, those are the Mavs! We were at a Mavs game Saturday night and I was so tempted to buy her a jersey. Until I saw the price, good grief!

Just me and Daddy, please. That was her request. Kathryn loves to camp out with Daddy! It is too cold to go outside and we have upgraded to a bigger tent now that it is 4 of us. There is no way it would have fit in the living room. So, this is what she got. A homemade tent built for 2! She sure loves her Daddy!!!

My sweet Laur-Laur, she is a mess! She is talking, almost walking, screaming when she doesn't get her way, biting her sister. What are we going to do with her? As Kathryn always quickly responds...Mommy, we are going to keep her. Of course, we are! I love her so much, but she is going to keep us on our toes. She is so funny when we lay her down in bed. She immediately puts her hands behind her head. It is hilarious! Not so hilarious, Mommy taking a picture of her when she is tired. Total meltdown after the picture!

My serious little love-bug! She had just woken up & in Granny words, she needs some 'simmering' time. I love their Valentine's outfits & had to grab some pictures before their spaghetti dinner!

Our little loves!

So sweet together! Lauren is so wanting to do anything Kathryn is doing. 70% of the time, that is ok. The other times I feel so sorry for Lauren. She just wants to be wherever her big sis is. Oh, I know this is just the beginning of the following & disappointment. I wish for them to always be best friends! Here Kathryn was being so sweet & patient with her! Love to see them together like this! Love them, love them, love them! Have I mentioned how much I love them?!?

So, I thought I would try to make some cakes. Definitely much harder than I thought. The baking is easy, the decorating not so much. I colored 3 different icing's last night and had a terrific plan. That plan quickly crumbled! I finally gave up and let Josh & Kathryn have some fun making dots or whatever they wanted on the 'heart' cake. We are going to have it tonight and give Lauren a little sneak peak at cake & icing...shhhh...don't tell!

Till we meet again! Or until we get the computer back!

5 comments:
You're always doing the cutest stuff & taking the best pics! Love it all! And that cake looked darn good to me!!!
Valerie! I just love your girls...your posts remind me too much of me and my family. Cadi too is going through the phase Lauren is...she has taken Sassy to a whole new level. LOL! And we love the snuggles in the bed! But my back has been paying for it...Such sweeties! :o)
PS: I'm giggling at the thought of you in the closet with the laptop....ours has been spazzing a lot lately too. I've been so sporadic without it. What did we do before them! Hope you get it back soon!
Get that laptop fixed... I'm going to miss your posts!!
Such sweet, sweet stories and pictures!
I love your posts! Very inspiring!! BTW, Cate has the same doll but pink instead of purple and oh how her face perks up when she sees it. So cute!
Post a Comment