January 9, 2009

Some thoughts

So in my process of letting things go and enjoying quality time with my family, I have some thoughts.

I am thankful for a mess of toys!

This means we have 2 beautiful girls that bring such joy to our lives playing with them!

Some children have not a single toy.

I am thankful for piles of laundry!

This reminds me we have clothes to wear. Some only have the clothes on their back.

I am thankful for a pile of leftover presents!

This reminds me we are so loved by all of our family & friends. We had too many presents and nowhere to put them. Some don't get a single gift.

I am thankful for a pile of dirty dishes!

The reminds me my family has food to eat, milk to drink, etc. Some wonder daily where their next meal will come from.
As I write this I realize just how much I am thankful for. My 2 precious daughters, a wonderful husband and myself help make our house this way, which is often a mess. I wouldn't have it any other way! As I'm trying to let it go, remembering why I'm thankful sure helps in the process!

Trying to enjoy 'the moment',
post signature

4 comments:

Allison said...

now that is a good way to look at things! we do have so much to be thankful for!

and our next 'little luv' isn't for another year or more. we've always wanted 3, so hopefully maybe next year our little family will be complete.

The Dyson Family said...

That's so amazing Val! That's a great way to look at things!

Blake, Kenzie, Wyatt and Walker said...

What a sweet post! Sometimes we just don't realize how good our lives our and we should all be more thankful. Hope yall are having a good week!

Anonymous said...

Love this resolution. Great post! (By the way... that could be our play room... same mess, same toys!)