December 19, 2008

In her eyes

We love our Fridays! No where to go early, we get to hang out in our jammies for most of the morning. We tend to watch more TV than usual, but we all need a little couch veggie time every once in a while. Well, this morning I had a wonderful idea for Kathryn. She has always shown so much interest in taking pictures. Last year she got her own Dora digital camera. As cute as it is and sounds, the pictures really come out horrible. So she has been asking to use ours. As scared as I was to let her lug it around, I did. Can I just tell you, she had SO much fun. I told her to go on a 'Christmas Scavenger Hunt'. Her job was to take pictures of her favorite Christmas things around the house. She was snapping shots everywhere, it was so cute! We uploaded her pictures and surprisingly she had some GREAT shots. It was so neat to hear her describe why she chose that picture. Since she was a baby, every time I look at or hold her hands, I often wonder what all will these little hands do someday? Well, just maybe photography will be one her gifts to share with the world. Hope you enjoy Christmas at our house in her 'eyes'!

All of our Christmas cards, I must admit I LOVE getting them too. I can't wait to check the mail to see who's came that day!

Stockings...she can't wait to see whats in them Christmas morning!

The gingerbread house she made with Sterling!

The snowmen pancakes I make her!
Christmas cartoons!
Her nativity sets!
Presents, presents, presents!
Her elf, Sal!
The star on our tree!
I had to get a picture of her taking pictures with my phone!
She was very serious about this and I didn't help her once.
Didn't she do great? I love this girl!!!


Hope your enjoying the season too!
post signature

2 comments:

The Dyson Family said...

So that's the sweetest/coolest thing ever! I might have to steal that idea w/ my kids today since we're bored waiting on my mom to get here! Hope you don't mind. . . you're just good w/ all these wonderful ideas!

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea... to see what they *see* when they think of Christmas. Might have to steal it!!

We do the snowman pancakes too! I put some powdered sugar in a shaker and the girls shake "snow" on them. Pretty cute.