June 11, 2008

A sweet moment

Such a sweet moment I witnessed yesterday evening between our 2 girls! We had just gotten home from swimming around 6pm after a screaming 30 minute drive home. I have learned this time with Lauren that she can wait a minute or 2 for her bottle, o how you become more relaxed on the second one! I had changed her diaper and left her on her changing table while I went to the restroom. She was still screaming her head off, but I just had to go. I had already made her bottle and Kathryn had asked if she could shake it up for me, so sure I gave it to her to shake. As I start walking out of my bedroom I no longer hear crying, my immediate response is, yikes, what happened? I hurry to her room, come around the corner only to find Kathryn up on a step stool feeding Lauren, she even had the burp cloth under her chin. It was so sweet!!! I told Kathryn, O my goodness you are so sweet I am about to cry. She said Mommy don't cry I am the big sister and I have to help take care of her. I wish I could have recorded the whole moment to show them when they are 13 and 16 and driving each other crazy! She said Mommy take her to the couch and I will finish feeding her for you. She truly is such a little helper for us and I am so proud of her, she is a great big sister!

Of course I took a picture, it was just so sweet I had to remember!

Our happy baby girl after her bottle!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a sucker for stories like that! I love it!