May 19, 2008

a wonderful weekend...

Yes, I am just now posting about our wonderful weekend, b/c we were so lucky as to get a 4 day one. Josh took last Friday and today off, so not only did he got a wonderful treat off, but we did too! I also believe am I blogging for the first time without pictures...I can hardly believe it!

Friday started off with a bang, yummy brunch at Breadwinners and ice skating. We are trying to make well rounded children :) so we figure what the hey, let's enroll Kathryn in ice skating. I figure it will be a great COOL thing to do this hot summer. I told my Mom we were doing this and she could do nothing but laugh at me. I think she believes we are a little crazy!!! But, nonetheless we head to the ice skating rink. Since Kathryn won't wear cowboy boots, Josh thought it would be a good idea to first of all see if she would even wear the skates. She loved them, she did so good walking in them practicing and might I add looked so cute! She did ok in the rink too, Josh skated with her between his legs and she seemed to enjoy it for about a minute at a time. The one problem is they have all kinds of games right outside the rink that the other kids were playing and she couldn't take her eye of them. She also informed Josh she would like a teacher, not him to teach her. Josh said ok, well I am going to skate now, he had so much fun skating around the rink. I was quite impressed by how good he was, neither of them ever fell. We did end up signing her up for class, we are going to start with a mini 4 week session to see if she really gets into it. The rest of the day was napping, shopping, etc. It doesn't get much better than that.

Saturday morning we decided to hang around the house and play here in the morning. If you know us well, you know that is very uncommon, we are go-go-go people on the weekend. We did have fun though, we walked and fed the ducks and Kathryn played alot outside. We had a big party to go to Saturday afternoon, Kathryn's cousins, our nieces and nephew...Emily, Sarah & Sam. They had their party at Addison Circle's fountain area and it was so much fun. Kathryn had a ball, we basically had to drag her out of there. She went home for the night with Grandma and Grandpa, so Josh, Lauren and I got go out to eat and go roam around Target forever, so much fun. Josh never really understands how Target can make me so happy just to go roam around, but as we were walking to the car, he said let's do that again...YEA, he finally gets it!

Sunday...church, lunch, napping, hometeam aka caregroup...that is the one day that is gone in the blink of an eye, but a good day I have to add.

Today, Kathryn had a dentist appt. (this is the part where I begin to get upset) and I asked Josh to take her. Last time I took her they tried to pull this crap on me by not letting me go back with her but I was pregnant and emotional and made my way back there. I had a feeling they would try it again and I just couldn't deal with it, but I knew Josh could, so off they went. They call after her appointment and Josh is a little fired up, so I knew what happened. I seriously don't get it, what is the big deal going back with your child. I still am scared to death of the dentist and still want to take my mom with me. Josh said Kathryn was even very persistent when they called her name about her Daddy going and the lady told her we need to do your X-rays and Daddy can't be in the room, but I will come get him after that. So time passes, they never come get him. Finally out Kathryn comes, all done. They get outside and she says, Daddy I needed you, why didn't you come with me? This just broke his heart, he told her they never came and got me. She said she told the lady to get her Daddy and she told her Daddy's weren't allowed back there, how Rude. She said she was never, ever, ever going back there and I don't blame her one bit. We are so aggravated and upset with them. To top it off, the dentist wasn't even there as she had a baby a couple of weeks ago. We are waiting a call back from her, and happiness is it will be tomorrow and we will have had a chance to cool down a little. We totally get the trying to be independent part, but give me a break...she is 3. She still needs us, she was scared, (as I still am too) laying down with them hovering over you with loud tools in your mouth. URGGG!!! This was her 5th time to go there and might I add our last, we were already referred to another one.
So anyways...sigh...then time for gymnastics and home for lunch and nap. Josh passed out for nap time too, he said this is tiring. I told him to imagine if he had Lauren too. Kathryn also had her first swimming lesson this evening and it went great. She really seemed to enjoy it, but this time she told Josh she would like for him to be her teacher! It was so nice to have Josh home so long with us, I told him how much easier it is with him around. We are now looking for a full time sponsor for our family so we can both stay home with the kids. So if any of you reading this would like to apply, please do so :)!!! To end our wonderful 4 day weekend, we went to Posado's for dinner, a great end to a wonderful weekend!

I know, a bunch of rambling and unnecessary information for most of you reading this, that is if you made it this long...I just like to talk, what can I say?!?

2 comments:

Grandma said...

And even though I'd already heard most of it, I still enjoyed reading about it!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Great post!

I have a dentist appt. too story... just waiting to cool off until I write it! Yours sounds eerily similar to ours... ugh.