May 5, 2008

Happy Cinco de Mayo to me!!!


Today is my birthday...yes I am only 27! I am the baby of all my friends and am constantly saying yes I am only 27. I have comforted them all by letting them know I will be happy to wheel them around when they get older...since I am so young :)!!!

Last night some girlfriends and I went out to celebrate at Posados, yummy, it was fun! Seriously, just eating some good mexican food, having a margarita with friends, not having to order chicken nuggets and wrangle kids is a wonderful treat!

Today, not such an exciting day...but I wouldn't trade these days for anything. My partying started really early. Lauren thought it would be nice to get Mom up at 2 AM and eat, stay awake, etc. I got to sleep in until 6 AM, fed Lauren, hopped in the shower, just get done blow drying my hair and there was Kathryn. She was so sweet, she actually remembered it was my birthday. She was very concerned though of where my party was going to be, she was really rooting for a wiggly party for me! Kathryn said for my birthday she wanted to get me a donut for breakfast, so even though I know she really wanted them...off we went, she is so sweet to want to treat me! Then time for gymnastics, the highlight of this was my sweet mom, aka Grandma showed up to watch and then took us out to eat. We had Abuelo's, yummy! We were there forever, but it was so nice and fun. Mom always trys to make time for lunch on my birthday as far back as I can remember. The best part of the day was Josh coming home, he actually got to leave on time and decided we were going to get Japanese food, this should of been yummy again, but no, we now know and for anyone reading - avoid Kobe steakhouse - a total waste of money! Although the food was not good, the company was great. Josh and Kathryn gave me my presents...flowers, a movie and a cake they made, Kathryn was so proud of it! The day ended going to bed at 9, which I know sounds sad but was wonderful!

All in all...a GREAT day, just another year down!

No comments: