Kathryn has been begging me to take her to Libby Lu, for those of you that don't know...it is an overpriced store at the mall where little girls get to wear a costume, get their hair fixed, fingernails painted and have a little makeup put on. Right now they have a special Hannah Montanna wig and Kathryn was persistant to do it, even though I should have known she wouldn't like it.
She got to dress up in one of their princess outfits, she really wanted to be a rock star, but all the outfits were huge on her. I should also add at this point, we have 4 princess dresses here she could have worn for free. So since we had to have this wig, which of course costs $5 extra, I must also add we could have just gone to the party store and gotten one. She gets her nails painted pink, yes I could have done that here too, and gets a little eyeshadow and lipstick on. That one is a daily ritual at home anyways, she has special sparkling pink lip gloss she puts on every morning and always adds a little of my eyeshadow. Anyways, once she was all dressed up, she said Mommy what do I do now, where do I get to sing? Very good question, so what exactly is the point of getting them all dressed in a costume they can only wear in your store and then giving them a microphone...I don't get it.
So probably at this point you are reading thinking, so why in the world did Valerie even take her to this crazy place??? My answer is I have no idea, and the sad part is it probably won't be the last, urghh! So we get out to the car, she immediately rips the wig off b/c it itches so bad, in fact she told me she was going to be Miley Cyrus instead of Hannah Montana. She has finally figured out Miley is the one who doesn't wear the wig. Then starts complaining about the nail polish and would like it taken off. I could have just screamed by this point. As much as I wanted to make her keep that silly wig on, there was just no use in making her suffer.
So I ask Kathryn once we get home if she had fun. Well, Mommy all I really wanted was the dress. Seriously, I could have just bought her the silly dress and been done with it all. All, I have to say is 'fun times'...& thank goodness Kathryn is not a blonde, it just doesn't work for her!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! What a busy week it has been at the Chambers house! And the week's not over yet!
It looks like Kathryn had a lot of fun at Libby Lu, but I understand about the wig - they can be ithcy! And I LOVE your swingset, Kathryn! I can't wait to swing with you!
And I know that one of these days Lauren will have so much fun getting to swing, too!
I love you all so much!
Love,
Grandma
Post a Comment