February 21, 2011

Lauren is 3!!!

Oh my stars, I seriously can not believe Lauren is 3!!! I can still so vividly remember the day she was born, it was a beautiful day! I am truly thankful God gave us that precious curly haired girl! She makes life a more beautiful place! We had the best today celebrating her! We are worn out, but it was so worth it! I woke her up so we could be sure to listen to her birthday announced on KLTY ( THANK YOU GRANDMA!!!). She loved hearing it! She requested waffles in bed, took a bath and then we went to Dr. Frank for her 3 year checkup. I was given some grief by a few people (I'm not naming any names...ha) about making her appt. on her actual birthday. Honestly I didn't think about the shots. She did fantastic though!!! She adores Dr. Frank! She hasn't always, but she sure does now! Kathryn spotted him in the hallway as we were waiting and ran and about tackled him to give him a hug. They love going to see him! I am so thankful he is my girls pediatrician! She requested a pic with him & of course he obliged! She is 37 inches (50th %) and 37 lbs (95th%) and is doing great on everything she should be. She might have taken longer getting started talking, but she has caught up for sure. She talks all.day.long! I am so proud of her!
After her appointment, we picked up Grandpa and headed to Gainesville for a fun outing at the Frank Buck Zoo. She really wanted Chick fil a to take for lunch, but all we could find was McDonalds, she settled, but wasn't so thrilled about it! I agree with her! Once we got there, we quickly figured out it was COLD! I guess I should watch the news more, but it was nice here when we left, so I figured it would stay that all day. I guess I forgot where we live and that weather changes in an instant. Lauren had a jacket, but no one else. I am not going to lie, it was so cold. We sucked it up and still had a great time! We were all sniffling once we were done, but warmed up quick in the car. I also locked my keys in the van, ugh!!! So, I had to call a locksmith... fun times! The girls sure enjoyed all the extra time in the gift shop and didn't even seem to realize Mommy was a little frazzled. I just love the Frank Buck Zoo. It is small (great for 3 year old legs), but just perfect for days like today. They don't have near the animals the Fort Worth Zoo or Dallas Zoo has, but enough to get my girls smiling!
I wrapped Grandpa up in a picnic blanket that was in the van (that is, once I got it unlocked :)). I just couldn't handle seeing him shiver with his hurt arm. I am so glad he was able to get out of the house and come with us. A win, win for all of us!
She told all the animals it was 'her birfday' and Kathryn invited all of the animals to her party!
This is just so Lauren!
Kathryn loved feeding the goats. Grandpa was loaded with quarters, thank you!
This guy though was so pushy!!! He wouldn't let Kathryn feed anyone else. Kathryn said he was a bully, he was and he actually bit her too.
So, therefore this is as close as Lauren got! She would wave and stay back. I just laughed so hard at Kathryn quickly trying to run to feed the others before ole bully would come back, Lauren would scream, Kathryn would run and all I could do was try not to wet myself (I know, TMI) from laughing so hard. It was my favorite part of the zoo!
Lauren the giraffe!
Once Daddy got home it was present time! Lauren was asking for Daddy all day long! One because she wanted presents, but she also just wanted Daddy here! She is so sweet and patient opening and loved to have Kathryn help her. Kathryn is great about letting her try first!
We got her lacing beads, a learning game and a baby alive! She has been talking about this baby since Emi and Sarah were her over Christmas with theres. That is the first thing she said when it was unwrapped, it's Emi and Sarah's baby! That baby will be a well fed from Mommy Lauren!
Mommy and her Birthday Girl!!!
Daddy snuck out the garage and rang the doorbell with her last gift...a BIG girl bike! She has been asking and asking for one and we were thrilled to get her one! Josh had so much fun picking out the perfect bike for her! She was beyond thrilled to see it!
The birthday girl on her new bike!
We had told her she got to pick where we ate dinner. I honestly figured she would say chick fil a, but she nicely surprised all of us. She wanted the 'fire' place. She meant Kobe, a japanese steakhouse...that is my girl! You didn't have to tell the 3 of us twice! She loves the food, but still is not a fan of the fire. So her and Daddy go hide for a minute and then come back for the show! She wanted steak, soup and rice and ate just about every lick of it! Yummo!
They also treated the birthday girl with ice cream. She loved it and was a wild and messy girl when she was finished. It was like they gave her raw sugar, she went crazy!!! It was hilarious!
More sugar to come, we still needed to sing and have her cake at home! We were all so full and the thought alone almost made me hurl (once again, TMI)! One bite and she was done and ready to play, thank goodness!
We played with her new games and then snuggled up on the couch for her choice of netflix. I just loved holding her at that moment. 3 years ago at that close to the same time, I was snuggling in a hospital bed with my new baby girl. I can't believe my baby is 3!
What a wonderful day it was celebrating the birthday of our precious Lauren!
Lauren, we love you so much!!!


post signature


No comments: