Kathryn is now missing her 2 bottom teeth!!!
She did so great, I mean she did SO great at the dentist yesterday. My sweet girl continues to teach me life lessons. She just walked right into the office, signed HERSELF in, picked out a movie, picked out her flavor of mask (nitrous) and climbed up into the chair. I gave her a big kiss and told her I would be right back, I couldn't stay in there with her, and she said ok Mommy. 5 minutes later she was all done! The dentist came out and told me Kathryn said to her, 'that's all, I didn't feel anything'. She was such a big girl, I was and am still so proud of her! The worst part for her was keeping the gauze in her mouth for an hour. She was also maybe in a little shock for a while just over what happened. Her mouth was still a little sore last night, so she had ice cream, mashed potatoes and green beans for dinner. It was a great experience and I so thankful for Dr. Kelli! This may have to happen again in the future and now we know we can SO do this!
Here is my very excited toothless girl this morning!
Dr. Kelli told Kathryn to be sure and write the toothfairy a note letting her know that she was a brave girl and came to the dentist to get her teeth pulled. She said the toothfairy likes to treat the kids who do that really good. I loved that she told her that as I was already on board with that thought. Here is the cute note she left with her teeth under the pillow.
Kathryn was SO excited this morning at the surprise that was left. She got $5 a tooth and a note from the toothfairy. It is such an exciting time! Thank you all who listened to my nervous mommy fears. The prayers were definitely heard, the appointment went perfect. So much support we both got. We are so blessed with great family and friends!

No comments:
Post a Comment