April 1, 2009

Let us out!

Let us out, let us out!!! We have pretty much been stuck inside since Sunday and we are SOOO ready to break out and be free. We finally got to get out in the backyard and do some hard earned playing after dinner, the wind had calmed down and it was beautiful! After fever, snot and coughing I had decided to keep Kathryn home all week from school. I wanted to make sure she was feeling 100% better, plus she gets SOOO nervous about all the sneezing. Poor baby, the snot has been pouring out!!! We are sick of snot! Since she would be home this week, there was no excuse why we couldn't still do some learning and crafts! I could so do this homeschool thing...yeah right!!! Really though, she could watch movies all day long and I was not going to let that happen, sick or not! Thank goodness for Family Fun magazine...thanks Carol! I got it Saturday, so we had plenty of craft ideas for our week stuck indoors! I have really realized this week, even though we have all been yucky, how much I really miss Kathryn. She is gone at school 3 days a week, wow! I have completely loved having her here getting to do activities with her and not being so busy running in and out of the door. Taking the time to play with my babies has been wonderful, snot and all! Lauren is working on her bottom molars and poor baby girl has been a MESS in the evening. She has started temper tantrums too really bad this week. As bad as this may sound, it is hilarious! She gets on her knees and starts bouncing up and down screaming. That girl keeps us laughing! I can't wait to get us all back to 100% and get outside and PLAY!!!


LET US OUT!!!
Here is # 5 temper tantrum of the day!

The bird nest Kathryn made for her Easter eggs. We cut some sticks off the tree and used old mixed up play-doh and some craft feathers. She had so much fun making it, it was very cute!
Paintd rock garden, we took a morning trip to the lake and Kathryn collected rocks and then painted them. She had so much fun and they turned out so cute!
Painted bird house! I do hope some birds come visit her house!
She stuck some french fries in there for her bird friends!
Let me out! Lauren got stuck inside while we were taking pictures!
It was too cute not to snap a pic of. She was not a happy camper!
Awww...aren't they so sweet???
Yes they are, but they're really not hugging,
they've been chasing each other...playing very rough these days!

A little WWF going on around here!
Mommy is not so sure about this! Daddy says oh, come on, let them!

Hope this finds you all feeling well!!!

post signature

3 comments:

Grandma said...

Hurray! It's so nice to have the blog back! But I just can't hardly believe that sweet Lauren would have a temper tantrum. Surely she was just acting for the camera!? And it does look like you've had a lot of fun with Kathryn. I love all of you so much!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

LOVE the nest idea! And I love the idea of using old play-doh. We have so much that is a mish-mosh of colors... that's creative genius in my book!

I totally know what you mean about enjoying being home with Kathryn. I don't realize how much I miss Lainey till we get a day off and I get to spend the day with her!
They are growing up too fast!

Blake, Kenzie, Wyatt and Walker said...

Love all the new pictures! Kathryn is so creative. I hope she does get some bird visits. I can just hear Josh saying let them wrestle! LOL! Have fun in your WWF household. LOL!