is I'm on modified bedrest. Sunday a week ago, my blood pressure spiked. I just knew it, but I tried to ignore it. I tried to keep ignoring it, but by Tuesday it was still there & I knew I had to call my Dr. This really isn't anything new to me & pregnancy, but it starting this early definitely is. I generally have fantastic blood pressure, but in pregnancy get gestational hypertension. My Dr decided to go ahead & start meds, the same 1 that kept me out of the hospital & bedrest with Lauren. So, I thought this will be great. I can do this & still chase my girls around for the next 3 1/2 months. Well, not so fast! The medicine was lowering my pressure so low, it was extremely scary. It went from a very high 145/96 to 88/62 within a matter of time. I called my Dr immediately, this was Thursday & he immediately admitted me into the hospital. I was scared, upset, sad, etc but I knew I have to do what's best for Allyson & me. So after 2 days in the hospital of being monitored & tests run, I got discharged for the time being on modified bedrest at home. Thank goodness!!! We will do whatever in our power to keep me home as long as possible. I am 23 weeks, so we still have a long road ahead, but Josh & I are both certain we can do this at home and in 15 weeks we will get to meet our new precious girl that was worth every minute of it! I have a fantastic Dr and I know he will take such great care of me as well! I will go see him weekly and am keeping a log at home and if any time, my numbers get above a certain amount, I know I have to go back. He also hopes that if it does spike again in a month or so, we can try the meds again. So we will try, try to keep that from happening! I have a rockstar husband who is nothing but positive about this & determined to wait on me hand and foot, 2 sweet girls that want their Mommy to stay home, so are committed to helping wherever they can here & an amazing support system all around us! Please keep us in your prayers throughout the next 15 weeks, we would all greatly appreciate it!
We were very excited Mommy was getting to go home!

No comments:
Post a Comment