September 23, 2011

reactions...

Ok, so many of you asked how did you tell the girls and how did they first react to the BIG NEWS! So here we go...
We told them we had a surprise for them and they were super excited! We had wrapped them each a bag with a 'Big Sister' shirt and tucked in a sono pic for each of them. Our awesome sonographer had printed out 2 just for them, without me even asking (AWESOME!) and said Hi Kathryn & Hi Lauren on each of them. So Kathryn dug into hers first and pulled out the sono pic first and said, 'oh cool, it is my baby pic.' (OK, let's try the shirt now) She then pulls out the shirt and reads it aloud, 'big sister'. Oh cool, a new big sister shirt for me. Thanks mom and dad, let's see what Lauren got. (Josh & I are looking at each other, really??) Lauren had started opening hers and saw her sono pic tucked in there and says 'awww, my baby pic' (totally mimmicking her sis). She then pulls out the shirt and we asked Kathryn to read it to her and she reads 'big sister....too' and then says 'Mom, she needs a little sister shirt, not a big one' (OK, I thought this was going to be very easy to figure out!!!) Josh is so anxious, he can't take it anymore and says, Kathryn, please read your baby picture. She says, 'Hi Kathryn' and looked SO puzzled. She sat down and said I am just so confused. Josh finally just blurts out, 'GIRLS, WE ARE HAVING A BABY!' Kathryn says, 'Is this a joke?' (I am thinking, oh dear, this is not going to be good). We assured her this is no joke and it took her a few minutes to process this information. Once she 'got it', she started running around the house screaming and Lauren following her screaming too! Kathryn had so many questions, 'when did this happen?', 'how did you find out?', "is this why you haven't been feeling good?' She even had a little interview session with me, she had so many questions! She has been her absolute sweet self since then. She has the biggest heart, always has. She asks me as soon as she gets home from the school and as soon as she wakes up 'how is the baby?' and kisses my tummy. She is just too precious! She took her sono pic to school Thursday and showed EVERYONE she saw! She had folded it neatly and tucked in her pocket. She told me everyone she showed and told and I went 'whoa'! She took it today too, I only know because my sweet friend who worked lunch duty text me that she pulled it out of her pocket neatly folded up so anxious to show her. Awww...she just melts my heart! So, what does Lauren think. She is the one who has been praying every other night to God for a baby brother. She has been doing this for about 6 months. She immediately said, 'I want a baby brother and I want to change him diaper'. She is very excited too, but I'm not sure she entirely knows her world is going to change! I love my big girls so much and am so excited that they are so excited!I can't wait to welcome another love bug in this world!

Within 30 minutes of finding out, Kathryn wrote this letter to the baby and drew the picture and stuck it on our clipboard. It was too sweet not to share!
Her writing has really improved, but some words she still needs help with, so here is the translation. It is such a treasure to me...
'I hope you will like me. And I will always love you. I hope you are always happy. I am always happy.

Thank you all so much for your congrats & well wishes, our inbox was blowing up with them Wednesday night! We truly appreciate all the support!
xoxo,

post signature

1 comment:

Arresting Acres said...

So happy for you guys Valerie!! I can't believe how big your girls have gotten. Best wishes!