July 16, 2010

Just some randomness...

There is no catch, if there a bowling alley around you participating in it, it is a real deal. We signed up on line, printed our coupons and bowled at Strikz for FREE!!! Well, one minor catch is you do have to pay for shoe rental. It was such a fun, change of pace outing to do and the fact that it is air conditioned made it all the better!
Bound and determined to carry her own bowling ball!
She did it and it only dropped on her toes once!
We have been reading tons and tons of books this summer! It's not like we don't normally read, it would just be a few here and there. Kathryn has a list of books to read before kindergarten and needed 5.5 hours of reading time this summer. She has been all over that, she loves highlighting off the books once we read them. She also got super excited about the Frisco library reading log. She wanted to get her 25 books read and super fast! There was quite the incentive, a envelope filled with goodies and a cat in the hat doll. We honestly could have filled in a another log the way we have been reading. I love seeing her getting so excited about reading!
(If you have an iphone, you need to get this app...hipstamatic. It takes old timey pics)
We took a day trip to go to my grandparents farm. I don't go near as often as I should. They are so sweet and dear to me and it is only 2.5 hours away. It is so peaceful there. No stores for miles, no neighbors for acres; it just cows, dogs, vegetables, bugs and dirt. I know that might sounds funny how I worded it, but we just love it there, not to mention the produce I always get sent home with...yummy!!! My grandma is so beautiful and I am so glad I snagged the pic of Lauren loving on her! Kathryn was too tired and hot to take any pics, stinker! Love them so!!!

*Josh turns the big 30 on Monday! I know we are still so the young'uns to most of our friends, but wow 30! It just sounds so dignified. I have known almost half of his life. We started 'hanging out' when he was 17, and I was 16. That is crazy!!! We have come along way! I am throwing a big shindig for him tomorrow at his favorite bbq place. We will try to spoil him rotten this weekend and he will love every minute of it! We love our Josh aka Daddy so much!!!
**Kathryn starts kindergarten a month from tomorrow. I am so excited for her, but I am such a mess too. I can't tell you how many times I have busted into full tears and just bawl. She can't possibly be that old. She is so uste to it now, that when we talk about it and I start crying, she does her usual...'Mom, please don't cry again. We are all going to be just fine'. She is so ready to go and I love that about her. She has been my buddy during the day for almost 6 years and it is going to be such a huge change for us. I know I will be just fine when it actually happens, but it still just a little unsettling right now.
***We leave next Friday for our 2nd vacation of the summer. We will be in a cabin in the smoky mountains for a week. I am so excited to get away,have Josh with us all day and not be on a schedule. We have just a few plans...go to Dollywood, Josh will be going fly fishing, spending a day hiking through the mountains. It will be lots of fun!


post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your randomness!

Happy birthday to Josh, you (lucky!) young 'uns!

I'm right there with you on the Kinder front... how can it be?! Kathryn is right... we will all be just fine! Love their words of wisdome just when we need them most.

Have fun on yall's vacay!! Can't wait to see some pics!

Barkley Bunch said...

You almost brought me to tears. I think about Coop starting next year & I get choked up. They grow too too fast. :( Speaking of growing up, I too will be "dignified" (love that!) next month. I am NOT looking forward to saying I am in my 30's. Ugh. Oh well. And I couldn't agree more about the farm. Love them! Enjoy that vacation!!!