May 31, 2010

Swimming

My girls are rocking it in swimming lessons with Coach Stephanie! We started taking the first of May and they have made such progress! Kathryn still has a long way to go on her confidence building, but she is doing great & I am SO proud of her! She swam the entire length of the pool all by herself last week. She was so scared and started crying when she finished, but she DID it! Wow, I was impressed! She has gotten a little scared since then, but Coach Stephanie said it's all part of learning. They know they can do it, but it is still a scary moment to realize! We are continuing through the month of June, and may even continue into July. She is going to be swimming all by herself this summer, I just know it! I've taken away all floats already, so it is just going to get better from here!



My sweet little Lala was such a nightmare last year round water, I decided she had to take lessons too. I have never been a fan of swimming lessons on small children, but let me just tell you, if you would have been around her last summer, you would totally get why I am doing this. She is taking the swim-float-swim classes. She is doing awesome! It is incredible to see what 3 weeks of lessons can do. She is completely floating on her back, flipping over all by herself and grabbing the wall and holding on until Coach Stephanie gets her. When I say it is incredible, it just doesn't do it justice. I will be videoing her and posting it on here. You will be amazed! This will be a much more enjoyable summer around water with her!



Coach Stephanie R.O.C.K.S! If you live around us and are looking for lessons, you have got to contact her!

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at those little fishies do their thing!

And that last picture of sweet Lauren underwater? HELLO!!... that's better than even I can do!